USA strategic plan
NATIONAL NANOTECHNOLOGY INITIATIVE, THE INITIATIVE AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION PLAN 2001 - 2002
- National Science and Technology Council Committee on Technology; Subcommittee on Nanoscale Science, Engineering and Technology
- R & D focusLong-term fundamental nanoscience and engineering research
- R & D focusSynthesis and processing "by design" of engineered, nanometer-size, material building blocks and system components, fully exploiting molecular self-organization concepts.
- R & D focusResearch in nanodevice concepts and system architecture
- R & D focusApplication of nanostructured materials and systems to manufacturing, power systems, energy, environment, national security and health care.
- R & D focusEducation and training of a new generation of skilled workers in the multidisciplinary perspectives necessary for rapid progress in nanotechnology.