SOUTH AFRICA strategic plan
THE NATIONAL NANOTECHNOLOGY STRATEGY 2005 - 2014
To draw upon the existing strengths of the national system of innovation while addressing the need to enhance its research infrastructure and to create a workforce for advanced technology businesses that support the country’s future competitiveness and enhanced quality of life.
To develop, coordinate and manage a national system of innovation that will bring about maximum human capital, sustainable economic growth and improved quality of life for all.
- Department of Science and Technology
- Priority sectorWater
- Priority sectorEnergy
- Priority sectorMining and Minerals
- Priority sectorHealth
- National priorityPoverty Reduction
- National priorityKey Technology Platforms (including biotechnology and ICT)
- National priorityChemical and Bio-Processing
- National priorityAdvanced Materials and Manufacturing
- National priorityLeveraging Resource-based Industries