Nanotechnology is going to play a crucial role in global business and socio-economic development as an interdisciplinary technology. Efficient flow of knowledge and information as well as various levels of interaction inside a global innovation ecosystem can facilitate the sustainable development of nanotechnology and its application.
With a main focus on the theme of "Global Virtual Nano Ecosystem", the 5th International Roundtable on Nanotechnology (IRN) will be held on Oct. 25 at Suzhou International Expo Center, Suzhou Industrial Park, China. This forum aims at dealing with various aspects of a comprehensive virtual global nanoecosystem with a focus on the role of ICT platforms and tools, where participants can exchange their national and international experiences in this regard.
The forum scope and topics includes but not limited to:
- Experiences and ideas regarding development of global, regional and national level nanotechnology ecosystems;
- The role of public sector in development of nanotechnology ecosystems;
- Evaluation and measurement of innovation ecosystem effectiveness;
- Experiences and opportunities regarding joining and merging virtual networks at international level;
- Future prospect of virtual nanotechnology ecosystems;
Forum key speakers are as follows:
- Dr. Xijun ZHANG, Chairman/President, Nanopolis Suzhou Co. ,Ltd.;
- Prof. Sarkar, Secretary General, Iran Nanotechnology Innovation Council;
- Prof. Lars Montelius, Director, International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL);
- Mr. Michel Weeda, Program Manager High Tech & Services, Brabant Development Agency;
- Dr. Rezal Khairi Ahmad, CEO, NanoMalaysia Berhad;
- Dr. George Sergiadis, Professor, Technical University Munich;
- Mr. Saeed Dehghani, CEO, Onvega.
At the end of the forum, the Nanoecosystem Platform will be officially unveiled. The aim behind this portal is providing a platform based on which a broad spectrum of nanotechnology players can take advantage of a wide range of provided services.