The European Commission has notified the World Trade Organisation of a draft amendment adding 12 nanomaterials to the list of substances banned under the Cosmetic Products Regulation.
– Styrene/acrylates copolymer
– Sodium styrene/acrylates copolymer
– Colloidal copper
– Hydroxyapatite, gold
– Colloidal gold
– Gold thioethylamino hyaluronic acid
– Acetyl heptapeptide-9 colloidal gold
– Colloidal platinum
– Acetyl tetrapeptide-17 colloidal platinum
This measure is based on opinions reached by the EU Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety in 2021, identifying a basis of concern for the substances. It will be open for a 60-day comment period at the WTO, and is expected to be adopted in the EU in Q3, with entry into force 20 days after publication in the Official Journal.
Read the original article on Personal Care Magazine.