CANADA strategic plan
ALBERTA NANOTECHNOLOGY STRATEGY, UNLEASHING ALBERTA’S POTENTIAL 2007 - 2020
Alberta will be a leading contributor in placing Canada amongst the top five nations in the world by helping it produce 10 per cent of the world’s nanotechnology based economic activity.
By 2020, Alberta will achieve a two per cent share of the global nanotechnology market – generating an estimated $20 billion of new economic activity – by developing nano enabled products and applications specific to industries in the energy and environment, health and medical technologies, and agriculture and forestry sectors.
- Alberta Advanced Education and Technology
- Priority sectorEnergy and Environment
- Priority sectorHealth and Medical Technologies
- Priority sectorAgriculture and Forestry
- R & D focusSynthesis and characterisation of nanocrystals and nanowires
- R & D focusSynthesis of materials based on supramolecules
- R & D focusProduction of devices and nanosensors on a molecular scale
- R & D focusDevelopment of nanomaterials suitable for catalysis and specific modifications to the surfaces of semiconductors
- R & D focusDevelopment of interfaces for nanoelectronics and nanofluidics devices
- R & D focusTheory, modelling and simulation of nanosystems
- R & D focusDevelopment of quantitative imaging and characterisation techniques supporting research into nanotechnology