|Location||Germany - Berlin|
|Start Date||Mar 3, 2020|
|End Date||May 11, 2020|
|Event Type||Grant & Award|
|Subject Area||Nanomedicine - Pharmaceutics Biology - Life science|
Due to the current outbreak of the Sars-CoV-2 corona virus, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research is opening module 3 (Rapid Response) of the funding announcement guideline to promote a "National Research Network on Zoonotic Infectious Diseases"; Federal Gazette dated February 15, 2016.
Object of funding:
Individual projects and, in justified exceptions, small research associations (with up to three partners at different institutions) are supported, which are based on WHO's priority setting (https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/12-02-2020- world-experts-and-funders-set-priorities-for-covid-19-research) and address the following points:
- the biology of the virus and its transmission;
- Animal and environmental research on the origin of the virus, including control measures at the human-animal interface;
- epidemiological studies;
- clinical characterization and clinical management of the diseases caused by the virus;
- infection prevention and control, including the best ways to protect healthcare workers;
- Research and development of medicines and other therapeutic procedures as well as the development of new diagnostic approaches (research on vaccine development and market-oriented diagnostics development are not the subject of the funding);
- Accompanying research and ELSA research in connection with the outbreak.