|Location||France - Online|
|Start Date||Jun 23, 2021|
|End Date||Jun 25, 2021|
|Subject Area||Nanoscience - Nanotechnology Nanofabrication - Characterization|
The event will be held in a hybrid mode, comprising in-person and virtual conference.
Metrology, from the Ancient Greek metron (measure) and logos (study of), is the science of measurement. Nanometrology is a subfield of metrology, concerned with the science of measurement at the nanoscale level. Today's global economy depends on reliable measurements and tests, which are trusted and accepted internationally. This measurement infrastructure must be extended into the nanoscale and beyond, to bring nanotechnology based products or manufacturing processes successfully and safely into the market place.
The 6th edition of NanoMetrology 2021 event deals with the advancements in all the metrological aspects related to nanoscience and nanotechnology. It is open to all the areas connected to both theoretical and experimental aspects of metrology at the nanometer scale, from new methodologies for the quantitative characterization of nanomaterials, to new results in fields of characterization of nanomaterials and realization of nanometrological standards, which represent a key issue for making possible a successful technological transfer of nanotechnology. The aim of this event is to offer an opportunity to academicians, innovators and industrials to share, and divulge new methods, techniques and instrumentations, for metrology and characterization of nanomaterials, nanosystems, and nanodevices at the nanometer scale.
- Characterisation at the nanoscale
- Modeling and simulations at the nanoscale
- Methodologies for the quantitative characterization of physical and chemical parameters of nanomaterials (AFM, STM, SEM, TEM, Mass spectrometry, etc)
- Extension and standardization of characterization Methodologies at the nanometer scale (engineered nanoparticles, nanobiotechnologies, nanoelectronics, thin films/nanocoatings
- Presentation of innovative studies reporting new results in the characterization of nanomaterials and nanosystems
- Definition and realization of standards for nanometer scale characterizations (reference materials, measurement standards, etc)
- Divulgation of good laboratory practice and traceability in nanoscale metrology
- Nanosafety/ Nanotoxicity; Sustainable nanomanufacturing; Environmental Metrology, Biomedical/phamaceutical (Eco-toxicological, Clinical) Metrology, Food Metrology, etc
- Society and regulation issues